Sharing details of this event as an insight into discussions taking place in the EU
The Fibre To The Home (FTTH) Council Europe is organising a FTTH Investors Day on 2 October 2013 in Brussels.
Europe needs to make large network investments to create future-proof broadband networks. Is there a business case that works for FTTH networks?
Where will the finance come from?
What needs to be done to facilitate capital inflows to build the sector?
How is Europe positioned?
Does the Digital Single Market move Europe in the right direction?
Discussion topics will include:
- Why FTTH is necessary to keep Europe competitive on a global scale
- Enabling an industry structure that can attract and absorb finance
- How fibre networks can be financed (even in rural areas)
- What role for policy makers
- The changing role of investors, banks, and operators in FTTH investment projects
- The risks for operators of choosing the wrong broadband solutions today
A full programme is available here.